If u want to send me comments, opinions, and most important new arguments and material about models / new faces (well, good music advices are welcome too!), feel welcome to write me at:
isthisitmr@gmail.com
I’ll answer everyo… well, I’ll answer the most I can! Btw, I promise, I’ll read everything, I’ll give a lot of space to interesting suggestions you’ll send me and “U SEND I POST” will be a very important part of “IS THIS IT?”.

PS FOR AGENCIES - maybe better underline and remind what I usually write: Feel free to send me material if you want, agencies' mails and updates are always welcome (well, if they're not like: "Write what we want or we're going to kidnap your cat"! haha, or something like that…).

March 21, 2010

AOB Caroline T. - and (old) polaroids

Lately I thought of Caroline T.; well, more than usual…
Still don’t know how to get her switch to Women (some random names they now have in Milan and I just love: Auguste A., Nastya E., Maaike K., Alana K., Agnete H., Ginta L., Katie K., Nimue S., Snejana O., Nastya S., Olga A., Vlada R, Madysin R. etc etc!!!), but I thought of her because of that.

These days it’s happening to talk a lot about polaroids / tests, about how much these or those are less or more useful to get an idea about “new faces”, and my opinion has (always) been: I NEED FIRST OF ALL POLAROIDS. ALWAYS. It usually happens to see polaroids first and tests then, but it’s just about… you know, usually people mold considerations about polaroids after tests – and (almost) never the contrary.
Well, for me polaroids are MORE IMPORTANT THAN TESTS TO GET AN IDEA ABOUT A MODEL AND HER POTENTIAL (we’re not talking about “building up” a book), and if I have to take a choice about what to take a look at – POLAROIDS. ALWAYS. I’ve seen sooo many disasters made by photographers and agencies with tests. They’re a very useful instrument, but… the most I listened to these days has been “but what about presence in front of the camera, posing, confidence, ‘takes diversity’”?. I agree, absolutely, just – better change your mind with a polaroid and reset what you thought after have seen tests and not the opposite.

So: Caroline. Don’t know how, I just stumbled across some first polaroids.




tfs

Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh! I just wanted to share this stupid but (I think) nice example; these are the kind of polaroids that can’t go unnoticed. It’s so easy to see whatever you have to see: superficially (about the face and her peculiar elements, hair, body structure), about the kind of girl she is and “what’s gonna happen 2/3/5 years from now” (face – body predictions) and finally about how much confident she is, her posing skills and how much good she looks in photos; and perfect “fashion material” she is and will definitely develop in (and yep, how much cute she is – but this consideration is just a personal plus…). Just for the record: it happened to be even more impressed when I saw (just yesterday) some Denisa D. old polaroids… but we’ll see them on another occasion!


tfs

PS here there are her newest polaroids with Women… no words...