If u want to send me comments, opinions, and most important new arguments and material about models / new faces (well, good music advices are welcome too!), feel welcome to write me at:
isthisitmr@gmail.com
I’ll answer everyo… well, I’ll answer the most I can! Btw, I promise, I’ll read everything, I’ll give a lot of space to interesting suggestions you’ll send me and “U SEND I POST” will be a very important part of “IS THIS IT?”.

PS FOR AGENCIES - maybe better underline and remind what I usually write: Feel free to send me material if you want, agencies' mails and updates are always welcome (well, if they're not like: "Write what we want or we're going to kidnap your cat"! haha, or something like that…).

April 22, 2010

+++ Auguste A. - "Tegul meilė Lietuvos dega mūsų širdyse"…

So: what to say about Auguste? Let’s begin with
– the bad part. Do you believe in chance? If “chance” is about “things doesn’t happen for a reason that has something to do with fate”, I absolutely believe in. If “chance” is an explanation for the weird fact Auguste A. and Monika J. NEVER MET IN ANY LAST MILAN FW SHOW (if I checked right that’s what happened, but the point would just be the same), well, “chance” is not a wise answer.


style.it

Auguste passed in few months from D&G, Iceberg, Les Copains, Jil Sander, Burberry, Prada etc to (no offence intended) “Love Sex Money”, and the thing hasn’t the “is all about school” explanation, ‘cause you can skip FWs because of school (see: NY), but once you do a FW is all about booking (so: YOUR AGENCY management first, if you’re 15) – and things went BAD; and BAD is such an euphemistic word to describe the mess happened… even if it’s only about booking quality, and not her catwalks quality for sure.


style.it

Now that bad part’s gone: let’s focus on Auguste by herself. SHE’S AWESOME. This girl has such an impressive presence on the catwalk


style.it

and from this point of view she’s a huge factor; even if just 15 I can’t see a lot of space for development, but just because she’s already kind of perfect.


If we talk about photos, well, I have to admit “old” Alberta Ferretti adv, recent Bazaar editorial (well, pics have at least 5 months, but let’s act like we don’t know that…) and last tests (these are just examples) don’t have the same impact


tfs

(even if I admit: I LOVED TEEN VOGUE)


tfs

but: is this enough to not love this Lithuanian model? C’mon, sure not! In Lithuania right now new faces don’t worth an Auguste’s nail (well, rare exceptions apart), and if I have to choose her or Julija S., despite general belief – Auguste now and forever! Her mere presence is STUNNING.


tfs

Conclusion is: one of the best debuts in last years is now one of the most underrated models, and this thing is just making me go crazy. She’s just perfect for Marras, Richmond, Jo No Fui, but she deserves that and especially more… take a look: her hair, her stance, attitude, confidence, body shape and proportions are just perfect, her eyes are pure heaven (and cold as ice...), face features, her cold and penetrating glance, the way she walks, etc etc!


tfs

Panicking about her (jeopardizing) career would be stupid NOW, but the point is: time for choices. Slow down and wait, or really believe in her – stuck in between is worst option.
Don’t know if it’s been a mistake because of her age what she did (and do, after all she’s 15) in her modeling career, but I absolutely agree with “If you do a mistake, well, at least do it well”!


Oh, well, I’m joking – Auguste’s life (as usual) comes first, and that’s the most important thing at all. Seeing “the model” with D&G or Prada next FW is nothing important compared to “the girl”. Never forget that, people around…